Friday, June 29, 2012

"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

September 27, 2003

Hubby cleaned out the garage over the weekend because our new garage fridge is getting delivered today. He put some old stuff we no longer needed out on the driveway, including a small filing cabinet. I listed the stuff on freecycle and people came and picked up our stuff, including the cabinet. The next day, I got an email.

"I just found an envelope with your marriage license. It was stuck in the top drawer." 

OMG!!!  HOW DID WE MISS THAT???

"Thank you so much for not tossing it! I'll be by later to get it!"

"It was the right thing to do."

"The right thing to do."  You don't hear that much anymore.

Just when my faith in humanity was getting dangerously low,  
I was reminded that there really are some good people out there.  
Thank you, freecycle friend.  
The world needs more of people like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment